As a power electronics engineer, your main focus will be to design, develop and test power electronic converters for EGSTON’s existing and next generation PHIL systems.
- Designing, developing, and testing of power electronic converters for EGSTON’s existing and next generation PHIL systems.
- Close collaboration with software and firmware teams to ensure on-time and quality release of the developed power converter prototypes and products.
- Supporting technical realization of power converter prototypes and products.
- Supporting industrialization and certification efforts for the newly developed products and the upgrades of the existing products.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the developed power electronic converters.
- Additional responsibilities include participating in the factory- and site acceptance testing of the non-standard and more complex customer systems as well as technical support for customer demos.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification (advanced degrees are preferred).
- At least three years of practical experience in developing medium- and high-power (at least 50 kW rated power) power electronic converters.
- High interest and focus on practical experimentation, from the system design, testing and validation, up to product certification.
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Practical experience in evaluating and selecting power converter topologies, selecting power semiconductor devices, passive components, measurement- and other devices.
- Practical experience in designing gate driver circuits, DC bus systems, measurement circuits and protection circuits for medium- and high-power (at least 50 kW rated power) power electronic converters.
- Practical experience with power converters’ thermal design, mechanical design and system layout.
- Practical experience with designing WBG-based (SiC is preferred) power converters.
- Practical experience with PCB design software (Altium Designer is preferred).
- Practical experience with circuit simulation software (PLECS and LTspice are preferred)
- Practical experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Experience in design optimization for CE and UL safety and EMC requirements.
- Knowledge of control theory.
- Language: English (required), German (preferred).
- Knowledge of electric machines.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic systems.
- Knowledge of battery energy storage systems.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solid Edge is preferred).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A Forward-looking technology-oriented environment with excellent professional and personal development and training opportunities.
- An international team of experienced and motivated coworkers and fast and effective internal communication channels.
- A strong innovative spirit, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as our customers‘ R&D teams.
- Flexible working hours (flextime) and opportunity to work from home.
An annual gross salary of at least EUR 50,000 is planned for this position. The actual amount of your remuneration will depend on your qualifications and your experience, and will be agreed upon individually.