As PLC control and systems engineer, your main focus will be to design and develop PLC control software for EGSTON’s existing PHIL systems, as well as to develop test cases for the system integration tests performed using system emulator based on Siemens SIMATIC S7 PLC family.
- Designing, developing, and programming Siemens PLC control systems in TIA Portal.
- Designing, developing, and programming test cases for the system integration tests performed using the PLC system emulator based on Siemens SIMATIC S7 PLC.
- Maintenance of the safety PLC.
- Close collaboration with software, firmware and application engineering teams to ensure on-time and quality release of developed PHIL systems.
- Additional responsibilities include reviewing system wiring diagrams of newly developed customer systems, participating in the factory- and site acceptance testing of the non-standard and more complex customer systems, as well as engineering tasks related to design and development of evaluation- and prototype systems for EGSTON’s future products and future product features.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification (advanced degrees are preferred).
- At least two years of practical experience in designing and programming of industrial automation systems.
- At least one year of practical experience in developing PLC control software based on Siemens SIMATIC S7 PLC, for industrial systems, drives, or similar.
- Knowledge of industrial/electrical equipment, circuit design and implementation of all associated equipment.
- Ability to design, review, understand electrical schematics and cabinet wiring of low-voltage systems.
- Practical experience with SICK’s safety controllers.
- Basic knowledge of power electronic systems.
- Ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Language: English (required), German (preferred).
- Knowledge of electric machines.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic systems.
- Knowledge of battery energy storage systems.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solid Edge is preferred).
- Knowledge of IEC/EN certification requirements for low-voltage power converter systems.
- Practical experience with Matlab/Simulink.
What we offer
- A Forward-looking technology-oriented environment with excellent professional and personal development and training opportunities.
- An international team of experienced and motivated coworkers and fast and effective internal communication channels.
- A strong innovative spirit, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as our customers’ R&D teams.
- Flexible working hours (flextime) and opportunity to work from home.
An annual gross salary of at least EUR 50,000 is planned for this position. The actual amount of your remuneration will depend on your qualifications and your experience, and will be agreed upon individually.