As a lead hardware developer, your main focus will be to lead the hardware development efforts for our existing as well as our next generation PHIL systems. You will lead our hardware development team and work closely with our software and firmware teams as well as with product management to ensure on-time and quality release of developed PHIL system hardware and to manage the continuous improvement process within the existing hardware lifecycle.
- Managing development, testing and maintenance of the PHIL system hardware.
- Maintaining high standards of hardware development quality within the team by establishing best practices in hardware design and development, hardware reviews, unit and system testing and infrastructure architecture.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Providing third-level support to customers.
- Coordinating hardware R&D activities with external R&D partners.
- Managing hardware release efforts and technical aspects of hardware certification efforts.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the hardware.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification (advanced degrees are preferred).
- At least five years of practical experience in developing of medium- and high-power (at least 50 kW rated power) power electronic converters.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position.
- Team leading ability demonstrated by ensuring that the team works co-operatively with other stakeholders, by continually reviewing objectives and priorities, and by accepting collective responsibility. Experience should include direct personnel management.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and to derive both hardware functional requirements specifications and non-functional requirements specifications based on the customer requirements.
- Practical experience in selecting power converter topologies, power semiconductor devices, inductive components, measurement devices
- Practical experience with power converter thermal design, mechanical design and system layout.
- Practical experience with designing WBG-based (SiC is preferred) power converters.
- Practical experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Practical experience with circuit simulation software (PLECS and LTspice are preferred)
- Practical experience with PCB design software (Altium Designer is preferred).
- Knowledge of control theory.
- Knowledge on IEC/EN certification requirements for low-voltage power converter systems.
- Ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Language: English (required), German (preferred).
- Siemens SIMATIC S7 PLC and TIA Portal.
- Knowledge of electric machines.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic systems.
- Knowledge of battery energy storage systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages C++ and Python.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solid Edge is preferred).
- Basics on embedded systems.
What we offer
- A Forward-looking technology-oriented environment with excellent professional and personal development and training opportunities.
- An international team of experienced and motivated coworkers and fast and effective internal communication channels.
- A strong innovative spirit, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as our customers‘ R&D teams.
- Flexible working hours (flextime) and opportunity to work from home.
An annual gross salary of at least EUR 70,000 is planned for this position. The actual amount of your remuneration will depend on your qualifications and your experience, and will be agreed upon individually.